BBC Complaints: The link you need!

Saturday 20 March 2010

WARKING WITH POLITICIANS

*
I'm quite often a day or two behind the times, so it's back now to Thursday night's Newsnight and its social care special, hosted by Kirsty Wark.
*
Being Kirsty, there were plenty of interruptions for the politicians but one fared far worse than the others. Also being Kirsty, that was the Conservative.
*
Baroness Walmsley (Lib Dem) - 3 interruptions, I.C. of 1.3
Baroness Morgan (Labour) - 8 interruptions, I.C. of 1.5
Tim Loughton (Conservative) - 12 interruptions, I.C. of 3.0
*
This was the second of the pre-election debates. The last one was the education debate on 10/3, hosted by Jeremy Paxman. This was much more balanced:
*
David Laws (Lib Dem) - 6 interruptions, I.C. of 1.8
Ed Balls (Labour) - 19 interruptions, I.C. of 2.1
Michael Gove (Conservative) - 12 interruptions, I.C. of 2.2
*
(For any newbies, the I.C. (interruption coefficient is simply the number of interruptions divided by the length of the interview. So Ed Balls got 9m 8s to speak, as compared to 5m 37s for Michael Gove and a mere 3m 37s for David Laws.)
*
Several more pre-election specials are to come. The Conservatives should pray that Kirsty Wark isn't hosting too many of them!
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.