BBC Complaints: The link you need!

Sunday 18 April 2010

4-0

*
Last week's paper reviewers on The Andrew Marr Show were two anti-Tories, Ruby Wax and John Sergeant. I sulked "There'd better be at least one rightie on next week's paper review!" Not a sheep advised me not to hold my breath, and I'm glad I took his advice or I'd now be in hospital! Today's paper reviewers were also both lefties.
*
The first was comedian/actor Chris Addison (Ollie in The Thick Of It), who has said:
"It's very difficult, if you were brought up as a child during Thatcher's period, to ever contemplate being a Tory. There is no way I can physically bring myself to vote Tory. That will stay with me till I die."
http://www.politics.co.uk/interviews/culture-media-and-sport/interview-chris-addison-$1321521.htm
He defended Brown today against The Daily Express.
*
The other was Kirsty Young (of Desert Island Discs), whose leftism I record here:
http://beebbiascraig.blogspot.com/2010/01/we-are-all-to-blame.html
http://beebbiascraig.blogspot.com/2010/01/bbcs-house-mag.html
Here she had another go at The Mail on Sunday's take on things.
*
Still, unlike last week, neither screamed blue murder against the Conservatives. We can be thankful for that, at least.
*
So, for the sake of balance I'm sure the makers of the Marr Show will pick only righties for the paper reviews of both their next programmes. My breath will not be held!!

8 comments:

  1. I noticed that HIGNFY, Newsnight Review and Frank Skinners new show are all hammering away at the Tories. Time to disband the biased BBC and give us our £145 back. Let them pay for their own propoganda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Why are such things allowed to happen during the election? Surely four weeks off from left-wing BBC comedic propaganda is not too much to ask?

    Frank Skinner, who used to be proudly apolitical, has really taken to politics. The richer he gets the more he approves of Labour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Newsnight Review' is always a disgrace. I can't watch it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes 'Newsnight Review' is a no no . Horrendous snidey Pat Kane and Kirsty Wark going on ad nauseum about the nasty Tories.
    The beeb even timed 'Ashes to Ashes' to coincide with the election. The nasty Tories in the 80's. Maggie scrapping school milk and failing to support the troops when they returned from The Falklands. Using them to get elected then dumping them to their PTSD etc. Oh and ITV with their 'Push the Button' show where the winning team have to negotiate 'Dave' The mad music machine that can stop them getting their money.
    Just thinking. Do I watch too much tv or am I getting paranoid ? Or both ? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont suppose they reviewed this story in the Telegraph?

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/onthefrontline/7601880/SAS-in-body-armour-private-funding-row.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, they didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work, Craig. This is important stuff. It still astonishes me how many people who consider themselves intelligent have not worked out what is going on with BBC News and Current Affairs.

    Can I just add the truly disgraceful Jon Sopel on BBC 1's Politics Show ripping into George Osborne today. I can't think of an instance when Sopel has let a Tory get a whole sentence out, or if he does a snide dig or look follows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you.

    It will be interesting to see how Jon Sopel deals with Alistair Darling next week. Will he be as harsh? I wouldn't place any money on that!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.